The El Paso Baseball Hall of Fame announces its Class of 2023.
There will be a weekend of events from September 8 -10 and the induction ceremony closing out the weekend.
The induction ceremony will be held on September 10 at 2:00 PM at the Wyndham Conference Center.
Tickets for the banquet are $30.00 and are available now. Contact Mr. Larry Hernandez at 915-494-7710 for tickets.
The Class of 2023
- Multiple All-District & All-City Honors while playing for Socorro High School
- 1998 High School State All-State Selection
- Member of the 2000 National Championship Grayson Junior College team
- Named to the 2000 NJCAA World Series All-Tournament Team
- Drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 8th Round
- All-District 4 years & All-City 2 years plating for Austin High School
- All-Conference & Offensive Player of the Year – Ranger JC
- Multiple Lone Star All-Conference Honors & 1998 Player of the Year – Texas A&M Kingsville
- 1998 GTE Academic All-Region
- 1998 Oliver Seiko Award (Highest GPA of All university athletes
- 1998 Academic Career Award Recipient
Jesus Lujan III
- Ace Pitcher & All-District Selection as pitcher for 1968 District 1-AAAA Champions – Jefferson High School
- In 1967, Batting average .385, tied UTEP Winers with 8 pitching wins; struck out 55 hitters
- Top of the rotation pitcher for University of Texas El Paso
- Selected to play in multiple State of Chihuahua Baseball Championships
- Played with the Indios de Juarez
- Selected to the All-District team with a high school ERA of 1.01 playing Three years for Eastwood High School
- Signed as pitcher for University of Texas
- in ’77 he transferred to Lubbock Christian where his team was conference champs for three straight years
- Was awarded the College’s L.D. Hays Award which is awarded to the Outstanding Athlete of the Year (1979)
- Awarded to the College’s All-Decade team of the 1970’s as the left-handed relief pitcher
- 3 Year letterman – Eastwood High School
- Played collegiately at Brookhaven Collega & NMSU
- Player professionally in Cincinnati Reds organization, Atlantic League Nashua Pride & Double A Eastern league with the Seattle Mariners organization
- Served as Assistant Coach with the El Paso Diablos from 2006 – 2010
- Head Baseball Coach at Eastwood High School and Hanks High School
Stay tuned for more information and interviews with the Inductees.