EL PASO, Texas – UTEP softball (10-17, 1-5 Conference USA) will host Louisiana Tech (18-12, 3-3 C-USA) in a three-game series that runs March 25-27 at the Helen of Troy Softball Complex.
LA Tech Series
Friday – 6 p.m. MT
Saturday – 12 p.m. MT
In the Circle
Aalijah Alarcon (6-8) leads the squad with 73.2 innings in 19 appearances and 14 starts, throwing six-complete-game victories and earning two saves.
- 4.47 ERA | 52 K | 23 BB | 92 H | 47 of 58 runs allowed are earned
- Lexi Morales paces the squad with a .342 batting average on 26 hits. She’s slugged .487 with a .444 on-base percentage and 14 walks.
- Kaylin Jackson sets the pace with three home runs and 19 RBI for the Miners.
- Morales, Pate Cathey and Ajia Richard follow Jackson’s lead with two goners each.
- Morales leads with 37 total bases.
- The Miners are 15-for-16 in stolen bases. Savannah Favre is 6-for-6 and Autumn Scott is 2-for-2.
- UTEP ranks 44th in double plays per game (0.41, 4th C-USA)
- Aalijah Alarcon ranks 19th with two saves (1st C-USA)
- Pate Cathey ranks 69th in sacrifice flies (2, 6th C-USA)
- LA Tech sits at 18-12 (3-3 C-USA) on the season. The Bulldogs are led by Sierra Sacco with a .384 batting average on 38 hits. She is slugging .444 with a .470 on-base percentage.
- WKU has used all three pitchers through its 30 games, with Audrey Pickett pitching a team-high 104.1 innings with 18 appearances and 16 starts. Pickett has a 1.41 ERA with 66 strikeouts and 20 walks, 85 hits and 39 runs allowed (21 earned) and is 11-4 with one save. Emma Hutchinson has thrown 51.1 innings with a 2.59 ERA and has appeared in 16 games with six starts. As a staff, LA Tech carries a 2.12 ERA, allowing 178 hits, 94 runs (59 earned), striking out 115 and walking 73. LA Tech has given up 15 home runs, 22 doubles and two triples.
- The Bulldogs lead 18-14 in the all-time series against the Miners. LA Tech has won eight of the last 10 contests.