EL PASO, Texas – September 21, 2021 – ¡Lotería! The Chihuahuas announced today the design for the final GECU Bark at the Park game – Chihuahuas-inspired Lotería cards. The specialty jerseys will be worn during the Chihuahuas game Friday, September 24, 2021. First pitch versus the Houston Astros affiliate, Sugar Land Skeeters, is slated for 7:05 p.m.
The jersey, designed by Chihuahuas graphic designer Ilene Serna, features 54 Lotería cards iconic to the Chihuahuas brand, the game of baseball, and El Paso. Featured cards include La Pelota (the ball), El Dizzy Bat (a popular in-game contest), and El Rally Towel. The sleeves are blue with a white plaid design that is visible on the backs of traditional Lotería cards.
The jerseys are being auctioned off now and will conclude on the final out of the GECU Bark at the Park game on Friday, September 24. Proceeds benefit the Chihuahuas Foundation with net funds raised benefiting area non-profits. This auction is tax exempt.
To participate in the jersey auction, text “BID” to 844-311-5007. Official rules are listed below.
The Chihuahuas will be selling 250 limited edition Chihuahuas Lotería sets, that include a deck of dealer cards and 20 player cards, for $25 (tax included) in game only at the Social Square behind Section 112. Proceeds will also benefit the Chihuahuas Foundation.
Lotería is a Mexican card game, similar to bingo, but uses pictures instead of numbered cards.
In addition to the jersey, the Chihuahuas are giving fans an opportunity to win one of 10 autographed baseballs by playing Chihuahuas Lotería. The first 2,000 guests through the gates with paid admission will receive one player card for the chance to win.
The night also features $4 single-serve wine specials on the concourse, $4 glasses of wine in the Big Dog House and WestStar Club, and buy one wine bottle, get one wine bottle for half off in the Suites.
The Chihuahuas have been known to make a splash with their annual Bark at the Park jerseys that began with the nationally recognized Chihuahuas dog face jersey during the inaugural 2014 campaign. Other jerseys also included an Andy Warhol-esque jersey created by Creative Kids (2015), the mosaic logo (2016), and the most recent jersey depicting a leather shoulder bag carrying a Chihuahua in 2019.
Fans and their canine friends are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance to receive a savings over day of game prices. Fans can buy tickets at epchihuahuas.com or in person at the Durango Box Office. The box office is open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on non-gamedays and 10 a.m. through the end of the game on gamedays.
All patrons who enter with their furry companion must show proof of the following current vaccinations: Rabies, DHLP, Parvo and Bordatella. No dogs will be allowed entry without proof of current dog vaccinations. A complete list of rules is below or can be found at epchihuahuas.com.
The Chihuahuas will provide water and a relief area for all dogs. The Chihuahuas reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog and/or ask any dog and its owner to leave. Care and control of the pet while at Southwest University Park is the sole responsibility of the dog owner.
- The Chihuahuas jersey auction is live now and will end on the final out of the GECU Bark at the Park game on Friday, September 24.
- You do not have to be present to bid or win.
- Fans can text “BID” to join the auction at 844-311-5007.
- Purchase must be made on the platform. No cash or credit will be accepted as payment outside of the bid platform.
- Due to MLB’s COVID Protocols, fans will not get to meet the player on the field after the game.
- Jerseys will not be available to take home the night of the auction.
- With the auction beginning September 16, there is no guarantee player’s jersey will be the same player who signs the jersey on September 24. The jersey will be signed by the player who wears it on September 24.
- Chihuahuas staff will let you know when your jersey is ready to be picked up.
- Jersey must be paid in full prior to receiving it.
- Shipping is available for an additional $20 (fans may opt in for shipping when paying).
PLEASE ADVISE THE FOLLOWING GECU BARK AT THE PARK RULES:
- ALL entry and exit will be through the Missouri St. Gate.
- Owners must be 18 years of age or older.
- One dog per seat holder.
- Owners will be required to have their canine friends on a leash at all times.
- Owners must sign a waiver upon entry.
- Owners must show proof of the following vaccinations: Rabies, DHLP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para Influenza), Parvo and Bordatella.
- Owners will be allowed one reentry for pet relief.
- NO pets will be allowed in the following areas:
- Club & Press Level Suites
- Big Dog House
- Santa Fe Pavilion
- Lawn Seating
- Team Shop
- Standing Room Only